Pages

Monday 21 February 2011

My Garden is My Space: Snowdrops at Last and The Birds Think That Spring Has Arrived

At last we have Snowdrops in flower. The very cold weather seemed to have put them off but they appeared and flowered in double quick time. Within a week of their blooms opening the first purple crocus opened. It will be interesting to see how soon we get our first daffodil.

The reason I mention the daffodils is that I have visited two local gardens and not only do they have snowdrops and crocus but they have daffodils in bud ready to open anytime while ours just have the leaves poking through.

Also just opening are the hellebores. One or two blooms are open but the majority are still in bud and I estimate it will be a week or two before they are in their full and gorgeous glory.

More.... Snowdrops at Last and The Birds Think That Spring Has Arrived

No comments:

Post a Comment